Friday, May 13, 2016

Bryson earns UK graduate fellowship

Brian Bryson
Brian Bryson
A recent Morehead State graduate has earned a prestigious fellowship at the University of Kentucky
to continue his education.

Brian Bryson of Cincinnati, Ohio, who graduates May 14 with a degree in animal science, was awarded the Lyman Johnson Fellowship at UK, which will allow him to pursue a graduate degree in animal sciences. 

“Brian has arguably been one of the best and brightest that we have had since I have been at MSU,” said Dr. Phil Prater, Department of Agricultural Sciences interim chair. “He also has a humble, friendly nature and he has been a great joy to teach and mentor.”

“I am excited to expand my horizons and attend the University of Kentucky’s graduate school. It’s a much different atmosphere than Morehead State, but I am ready to start a new chapter of my life,” Bryson said, adding there’s a lot he will miss about MSU.

“I will miss my professors who have helped me along the way, especially Dr. Prater,” he said. “I will also miss the ‘small town’ environment and the close friendships I’ve made within my four years here. Without God and my family’s support, none of this would be possible, and I would like to give them thanks.”

Bryson said he first learned he had been awarded the Johnson Fellowship from Dr. Sunday Adekokun at UK, who will be Bryson’s fellowship professor. The two will conduct research on swine and poultry nutrition.


No comments:

Post a Comment